Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Korg Kaoss pad with Logic Studio

Hi, I have a Korg Kaoss pad and am having trouble using it with logic. I can hear the synth sounds that the korg produces and the touch pad works fine, I can also record that sound on an audio track no problem. What I can't seem to be able to do is effect any other sound with the touchpad wether it be a loop or something I've created from another synth. I basically want to be able effect individual tracks and record what I'm doing. I am running Logic Studio with the help of a MOTU mk3 soundcard connected to my yamaha mixer which my speakers are jacked into, if this is of any help!
I have RCA (from the korg) to jack leads connected to input/output 3-4 in the soundcard and have changed the inputs on the audio tracks in logic to 3-4 but nothing?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Pro Tower

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 8:56 AM

If you have Output 3-4 sending to the Korg, then the output of the Korg coming back in on Inputs 3-4, then all you have to do to route audio through the Korg is to set the track in Logic to output to Output 3-4, rather than 1-2, and then arm an audio track with it's input set to Input 3-4 to handle the output of the Korg back into Logic (or set that track to input monitor mode to just listen without arming the track.)

Alternatively, you could set up an aux channel to output to 3-4, and route multiple tracks to that aux via a buss to be able to affect groups of tracks without having to reset their output. It all depends on the routings you want/need.

Remember to watch for latency.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2009 8:56 AM in response to sticky hayes

If you have Output 3-4 sending to the Korg, then the output of the Korg coming back in on Inputs 3-4, then all you have to do to route audio through the Korg is to set the track in Logic to output to Output 3-4, rather than 1-2, and then arm an audio track with it's input set to Input 3-4 to handle the output of the Korg back into Logic (or set that track to input monitor mode to just listen without arming the track.)

Alternatively, you could set up an aux channel to output to 3-4, and route multiple tracks to that aux via a buss to be able to affect groups of tracks without having to reset their output. It all depends on the routings you want/need.

Remember to watch for latency.

Using Korg Kaoss pad with Logic Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.