Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-MAILS NOT SHOWING UP

I had the same issue with the original iPhone (I now have the 3GS). I can be sitting at my computer and receive an e-mail on my PC, however, when I manually (I have Fetch turned-off) attempt to check for mail, it does not show up on my iPhone. Also, sometimes I may receive three or more e-mails (at one time) on my PC, and maybe one or two (but not all) show up on my iPhone. Is this normal? Lastly, I can send myself an e-mail from my PC or iPhone and receive it on my iPhone within seconds.

HP PAVILION a1620n, Windows XP, 3GS

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 10:20 AM

20 replies

Jun 23, 2009 7:31 PM in response to JohnTripodi

How do you get a Yahoo account to even push.
I do not think that you can get it to push.
You need another services like ActiveSync with and Exchange server or MobileMe for the push function to work.
So you need not even turn on push and just set the Fetch frequency to your desired interval or just manualy fetch them.

How do you connect to your Yahoo account?
i.e. POP3 or HTTP?

Either one will not push.
Here are the features with MobileMe. This will explain it all.
http://www.apple.com/mobileme/features/
If you want MobileME you need to purchase this for $99 annually.
Since Yahoo is a free account is your e-mail that important that you need it pushed to you? Most likely not if you are just using a free Yahoo account. So I think that set frequency to a desired interval or just open your e-mail and force a fetch is the right option.

Jul 10, 2009 7:41 PM in response to winston c

I use Incredimail on my desk top PC. When my iPhone syncs it is with Outlook Express. As for receiving e-mails, I recently had my computer in the shop for service due to malware, and during that time I received all of the e-mails that were sent to me on my iPhone. When I got the computer home and up and running, all of the e-mails were on my computer. For some reason, when my desk top computer is on I get few of the e-mails om my iPhone.

Jul 10, 2009 7:45 PM in response to julieda

If your email account a POP account or an IMAP account?

If a POP account, a problem with a POP account is the incoming mail server for the account does not support two email clients accessing the incoming mail server at the same time. If the email client on your computer is checking the incoming mail server for new messages when the Mail client on your iPhone does the same, email will not be delivered to your iPhone - the incoming mail server will lock preventing this, and the same in reverse. Have you ever received an error message with the email client on your computer that the password for the account is not valid or any type of error message temporarily? With the Mail.app on my Mac, the account will be taken offline when this occurs.

Jul 10, 2009 7:47 PM in response to julieda

Thank you. So it sounds like I need to set up outlook express on her computer as well? She will still get all her emails in her incrediMail????? Also can you tell me how you are syncing your address book? Also with Outlook express? Sorry to sound dumb. I am a mac user and have not not been on a windows system for some time now. Also don't want to screw up my friends email.

Jul 10, 2009 7:51 PM in response to winston c

Email account mailboxes and messages are not included with the iTunes sync process. Under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences, there is an option to transfer email account settings to the iPhone, but that is it.

Contacts can be synced with the address book used by Outlook Express called Windows Contacts. This is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences. If this address book is not currently being used - it does not include any contacts, before syncing the iPhone's address book with Windows Contacts, enter one unique contact in Windows Contacts - make the contact up if needed, which can be deleted later. This will provide a merge prompt when syncing contacts with the address book, which you want to select.

Jul 10, 2009 7:54 PM in response to julieda

After you have received messages with the email client on your computer, quit the email client or turn off automatically checking for new messages. Follow this by using the iPhone's mail client to check the account for new messages to see if the just received new messages with the email client on your computer are received with the iPhone's mail client.

In addition, what are the account settings with the email client used on your computer for accessing the account to remove messages from the server when downloaded?

E-MAILS NOT SHOWING UP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.