Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oleophobic coating and screen protectors

Will I harm the Oleophobic coating on my 3GS if I install a screen protector film? Should I wait for 3GS only screen protectors?

8-Core 3.0GHz (late 2008), 16GB, 5TB, Nvidia 8800, iPhone OS 3.0

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 4:44 PM

13 replies

Aug 16, 2009 6:27 PM in response to Navarro Parker -

That's what I'll like to ask too, "Will I harm the Oleophobic coating on my 3GS if I install a screen protector film?"

Mine has been naked for a month now, like it that way but yeah, my mind's not at peace cos I'm afterall a careless person. I've got a flip case but still, I'm conscious about my naked phone, especially when it's hot or when I'm nervous and my fingers get sweaty and the screen feels grainy (am I damaging the screen when it gets grainy and sticky?)..

Does Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector shift like what some say? If I apply it and 1 day, decides to remove it, will the screen be damaged in any way?

Aug 16, 2009 6:36 PM in response to Adeline Ling

My very first iPhone was returned because the screen coating wore off after just a few weeks. The owners manual does say that it will eventually wear off.

I've just returned from buying a pack of the Power Support Anti Glare screen protectors but havne't tried them yet. A few people have said that they had a problem where they moved a bit but I don't see how that is possible.

I had some cheap $7 screen protectors that I bought at Wal-Mart that didn't move at all but they didn't resist smudges and finger prints so I didn't like them. Hopefully the Power Support will work out.

Aug 16, 2009 10:08 PM in response to Navarro Parker -

I just applied the power support anti glare films to my iPhone and I am seriously happy with them! They really do resist fingerprints and smudges and they were easy to apply. I'm going to enjoy not having to wipe the screen every time I want to use it. They are $14 for two and I feel it well worth the price now.

I also tried to slide the film around once it was applied and it only moved the slightest bit so that I could align the holes a bit better.

Message was edited by: hexonxonx

Oleophobic coating and screen protectors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.