Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create digitally signed PDFs

Is there a way to create digitally signed PDFs by using the options at the "Print" menu to "Save as PDF" that is available at certain apps ?

If there is no built-in solution by Apple, which applications do you use to digitally sign PDFs ? I searched the discussions, but haven't found an appropriate solution so far...

Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 26, 2009 2:37 AM

10 replies

Jul 20, 2009 3:03 PM in response to tobias Eichner

tobias Eichner wrote:
Is PortableSigner a professional tool that really works ?

I have no idea how good it is, and I don't really have any benchmark to compare it to. It's hosted at Sourceforge, which might explain why the web site is a big crude-looking. On the other hand, the site says it's a project of the Municipality of Vienna, so I'd say that it appears it's good enough for at least one government.

My feeling is that a lot of the software at Sourceforge is written for a specific, fairly specialized purpose, and sometimes not a lot of time is spent on the GUI or user-friendly features. But if your purpose happens to meet up with the purpose of the creators, the software can be a life-saver.

Really, I'd say just download it and try it. Only you know if it's good enough or not. And you've got nothing to lose since it's free.

charlie

Aug 10, 2009 3:28 PM in response to Charles Minow

Finally I gave PortableSigner a try - and it failed (as I expected).

It was installed on Windows Vista (so can't say anything about OS X), but claimed that one component of Java was missing (Java Cryptography Extension).

I installed these extensions, no luck. Reinstalling PortableSigner, no luck.

Guess PortableSigner is worth what you pay for - nothing... unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Any other recommendation is welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Create digitally signed PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.