Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

your account is only valid for purchases in the USiTunes...

2247 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2009 12:54 AM by wunnspeed RSS
wunnspeed Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 27, 2009 12:28 AM
"Your account is only valid for purchases in the US iTunes store. Clicking will take you to this store"

First... I don't want to go to that store. I want the German store.

I get the above message whenever I try to buy or download anything from iTunes lately. As far as I can tell, all my addresses are set up for Germany where I live and I'm doing it German (language) but something is continuing to trick iTunes into thinking that my account is U.S. based.

Guess that leads to another question... do I need to have a U.S. account and a German account? If so, when did this B.S. start? Why does it matter where I am, especially if I want to buy a program or download a free one?

Anyway, I'm obviously aggrivated about this.

Thanks for any help. Also, I tried searching the forums but couldn't find a thread.
iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), why is buy thing on iTunes so **** difficult?
  • Mike Johnson12 Level 5 Level 5 (6,300 points)
    No you don't need an account in both countries iTS. You do need a German address with a credit card and address from Germany to use the German iTS.

Yes it does matter even if the content is free due to copy right laws etc.

MJ
    MBP 2.5/2/320 - iTunes 8.2 - TV, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPod Touch 32 - iPod Photo 60 gig - iPod 2nd gen 20 gig - Blue Shuffle

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.