Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TwainBridge crashing ( Intel Macs- Image Capture - Epson PX800)

I'm currently moving from my PowerMac G5 2x2,5 to an iMac 24" 3,06 Ghz. Both on 10.5.7.
I have de-installed re-installed all Epson software for my PX800 FW (multifunction printer-scanner, is TX800 in UK) on the iMac to ensure evrything's clean, software is at the same update level (latest) on the G5.
When I scan from Epson Scan or Vuescan, everything works on both machines. But on the iMac when I want to scan from Image Capture (or Devonthink Pro office via ImageCapture) I get the ImageCapture scanning screen but then it freezes and I get the alert "TwainBridge quit unexpectdly - the problem may be caused by ScanControl module". On the G5 all is fine.
The crash happens just after the launch of Image Capture...
If I relaunch Image Capture it does not open the scan window,I can "navigate" to the scanner and select its twain interface: if in Image Capture I then get the Epson Scan application to open and to work, but in DevonThink Pro it deos not work. If i unplug and replug the USB cable I'm back to the crashing step...
Same happens with my MacBook Core 2 duo...
It deos seem to be intel dependant...
Is it the Apple Epson Scanner module (in System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/ ) that is faulty although it is said to be UB ?
Thanks for any help

G5 Dual 2.5, iMac G5, McBook Intel, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 27, 2009 1:32 PM

1 reply

TwainBridge crashing ( Intel Macs- Image Capture - Epson PX800)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.