Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

opening/playing .MSV files

hi. Can QT open and/or convert .MSV files? I recorded some narration on a Sony IC Recorder and need to get the recording on to my mac. Please help. Thanks

Jared

Imac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 29, 2009 11:12 AM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2009 12:56 PM in response to jared K

Well, .msv appears be from a Sony voice recorder. From what I can find, the software that come with the voice recorder is for Windows only. You going to need to use a Windows computer to convert this sound file to a WAV file. Then Quicktime can import the WAV. Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted to hear. Sony chose the go the Windows route only.
You can how ever record from the audio out from the recorder to the audio in of your mac.

Jun 29, 2009 12:51 PM in response to jared K

QuickTime cannot natively play Sony MSV files, and I cannot find any Mac application that can convert that format. Unless you have access to a Windows system - the Sony software reportedly can save/export in other formats - you will probably have to connect the audio output of your recorder to the audio input of your Mac and record the files. There are a number of audio recording applications for Mac that would save the recording an a useful format.

Regards.

opening/playing .MSV files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.