Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant beeping at startup.

Hey,

This is how it happened.
I was using iMovie and suddenly the computer just said to restart by pressing the power button. I did that and it seemed all right. I restarted the computer, and it loaded fine, after it logged me in, it crashed again! This time though it won't start up again when I try to turn it on.

The following occurs,

The computer constantly beeps, three beeps per interval (eg. beep, beep, beep, pause, beep, beep, beep etc). Although it beeps, in between each pause I can hear the computer trying to start up. I can hear the fan clearly.

The beeping sound is really loud.

Oh, the MacBook will not start, it will continually beep.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is it because the RAM is faulty, if so, should I replace it, reseat it, or test it?

Um, I've even tried restarting from the start up disk. Big mistake! I cannot eject the disk now.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Oh, and I have not changed the RAM since I've bought the Mac, which was about 3 months ago. I've updated my MacBook to the latest update, 10.5.7.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Jsaymmeess

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 4:42 AM

I believe the 3 beeps means the computer has determined your RAM is bad. You might just try reseating the RAM sticks and see if that helps.

charlie
2 replies

Constant beeping at startup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.