Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for the Fade In / Fade out Behavior

I use the Fade in/out behavior a lot and i wonder if there's a shortcut i've not found. what is it?
If there is not, can I create one? or for other behaviors / filters used a lot? Thanks for any help.

2.8 Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 4GB RAM, beautiful monitor and machine

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 8:38 PM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2009 3:19 PM in response to smidi

There is a way to do this using the System Preferences. I found this tip years ago on a web site I can no longer find anywhere, but I still use it and it still works:

1) Go to the Library, drag the Fade In Fade Out behavior into the Favorites Menu folder in the left-side column.
2) Go to the Favorites menu category in the Library, check to make sure your behavior is there.
3) Go to the Favorites menu in the main menu, check to make sure your behavior is listed as a menu item. Make sure to note the name of the menu item there.
4) If it's there, go to System Preferences, and click on the Keyboard & Mouse icon.
5) Go to Keyboard Shortcuts, click the + button at the bottom left to add a new shortcut.
6) Choose "Motion" from the Applications popup, then type in the exact name of the Fade In Fade Out behavior in the Menu Title box (it has to be exact, otherwise this won't work). You don't need the "Favorites" part, just the menu name, in this case "Fade In Fade Out".
7) Choose whatever key shortcut you want, but make sure it doesn't override any existing ones in Motion!
8) Click Add in the dialog.

Now, when you switch back to Motion, you can press that key you just added and it will instantly add a Fade In/Fade Out behavior to the selected layer automatically. This works with anything you can add to the Favorites Menu, just keep track of the name and you can add custom layers, filters, behaviors, or anything else you can stash in the Library, and recall them with a custom hotkey.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for the Fade In / Fade out Behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.