Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone

"Find My iPhone" doesn't work on my iPhone. I actually had reason to use it today, but later found on my own. It seems that when I go out to MobileMe and tell MobileMe to display a message with the sound, it sends a message just fine but the sound never plays. Instead, the phone just vibrates and the message comes up on the screen. This is even when the phone is not in the silent mode. In other words, I cannot get the sound to play. This is the exact opposite of what Apple claims it does. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 2 - 3 GHz Processors (Mac Pro), Mac OS X (10.5.5), 8gb RAM, iPhone

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 8:52 PM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2009 10:46 AM in response to ohbigfish

No. Thanks. It is that the speaker in the base does not work. For example, I can hear when I am on the phone, but I can't hear music, unless I use the headset. Also, can't hear phone ring, but it does vibrate.

I am certain it is the speaker, as when I plug in the charger and wiggle it at the base, I hear sound sporadically from the speaker. I have an appointment with Apple later today and assume they will replace it.

Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.