Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying multiple libraries

I just replaced my Graphite G4 with a newer G4 able to run Leopard. I installed iPhoto 08 that I had bought for my laptop. My old G4 ran iPhoto 4. I used iPhoto Buddy with it, and thus have several libraries. Apparently it is possible to have multiple libraries in iPhoto 08, but I can't seem to make it work.
I can choose which library to open by holding down option, but how do I keep multiple libraries in the Pictures folder? There's only one library in there, which is always the last one I opened. I tried renaming one library, then opening another, but it replaced the library instead of adding another. I don't see anywhere where I can "Save Library As" or any such thing.
Should I choose "Create New Library" for each one and import the photos?

G4 Tower (mirrored doors), iBook G4, 20GB iPod, Mac OS X (10.5.7), Mac owner since 1990

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 4:18 PM

No - simply move the different libraries to the pictures folder each with a unique name - launch iPhoto while depressing the option (alt) key to select between the libraries

And you may find iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - useful in managing them and in switching between them

Do not import an iPhoto library into another iPhoto library - you will end up with massive duplicates and triplicates

LN
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2009 4:18 PM in response to Muriel Areno

No - simply move the different libraries to the pictures folder each with a unique name - launch iPhoto while depressing the option (alt) key to select between the libraries

And you may find iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - useful in managing them and in switching between them

Do not import an iPhoto library into another iPhoto library - you will end up with massive duplicates and triplicates

LN

Copying multiple libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.