Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does iTunes Album Artwork work in iTunes 8? Is store artwork embedded?

I know that with music I add artwork to manually, the artwork is written to the ID3 tags of the music, embedded.

I want to know if with iTunes 8, is artwork obtained from the iTunes store also written? I suspect so because in Finder, the quicklook preview of purchased music show the album art.

If so, hooray!
If not, how do I write them in permanently so they stick on whatever computer/device i copy them to?

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.5.7), 3 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 5, 2009 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2009 7:14 PM

Artwork that is found and added through iTunes is not embedded. You would need to cut and paste the artwork into the Get Info box or by using third party tagging software in order to embed it.

It's possible that there exists a script to take the iTunes added artwork and embed it. You might try looking at Doug's Scripts:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

Best of luck.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2009 7:14 PM in response to heytaxi

Artwork that is found and added through iTunes is not embedded. You would need to cut and paste the artwork into the Get Info box or by using third party tagging software in order to embed it.

It's possible that there exists a script to take the iTunes added artwork and embed it. You might try looking at Doug's Scripts:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

Best of luck.

How does iTunes Album Artwork work in iTunes 8? Is store artwork embedded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.