Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i Locate the Time Capsule in another building???

This may not be a time Capsule question as i could also use an Airport Extreme and external Hard drive instead, but i think the question is one that Time Capsule experts might be able to answer....

I have a need to place a back up device in another building but on the same network as my main computer. The network is 99% PC's and my building is the only mac presence on the network. It is Exchange Server and i am bound to that network with my macs.

But i now need to back up to an outside drive ....and this is being mandated by the IS guys. So one solution i thought of was to purchase an external Hard drive and attach that to the network and use time machine ( or something like synchronize pro X) to do auto back-ups nightly. But apparently this is not as easy as that....and they want a mac computer down there instead.

So i thought why not an airport extreme or Time Capsule...and Time machine.

Is this possible?? I would need 1-2 TB of back up storage.

Mac MIni (early 2009) 4gb/320gb 7200RPM, Mac OS X (10.5.7), "former helper"

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 2:22 PM

There are no replies.

Can i Locate the Time Capsule in another building???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.