Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a high definition DVD burner available for Mac's?

I have a HD camcorder (Canon XHA1) and am using Final Cut express HD. I have been very disappointed in the results I have obtained when burning my Final Cut projects to a standard DVD.(After finishing my FCE project, I use IDVD to produce a disc image, then burn to a standard 4.7 GB Sony or Verbatim DVD-R) Many of my clients now have blu ray players and high def TV's and want their videos in high definition. Is a high definition burner available for a mac pro so that I can burn high definition discs?

macpro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.66 ghz dual-core Intel, 4gb ram

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 12:06 PM

google's your friend

http://www.mcetech.com/blu-ray/
3 replies

Jul 8, 2009 1:09 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom for the link. However, I noticed when reading through the info about this blu-ray drive that it made no mention of being compatible with Final Cut Express HD or IDVD which is what I am currently using. I had considered upgrading to Final Cut Studio but it sounds like this drive is only compatible when used with Adobe Premiere Pro and Encore CS4. I am no techie, so pardon my ignorance about all this. Is Toast a "replacement" for IDVD? Could I use FCExpress (or FC studio if I upgrade) then burn the DVD using toast? Does Toast have menu templates like IDVD?
If anyone has any experience using this blu-ray drive on their Mac with Final Cut and IDVD or Toast I would appreciate some input on what the exact workflow is and if the whole process has been a positive experience.
Thanks so much for your help!

Is a high definition DVD burner available for Mac's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.