Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing contacts from Word doc to Address Book

Hi

I have a Word document with hundreds of email addresses that I would like to import into a contact card in Address Book. However no matter what format I save it in in Word, Address Book will not recognize it. Is there a way to save a word doc in vCard, LDIF, or any of the other formats that it will recongnize?

Thank you!

IMAC G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 1:53 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2009 6:32 PM in response to eekfreak

If you can transfer the data into Excel and then export to a .csv file, or somehow use Word or another app to produce that .csv file, you can import that into Address Book. Here's an example:

Joe,Blow,joe@nowhere.com
John,Jones,jjones@blah.com

Save this in a text file, making sure the file has an extension .csv (otherwise Address Book won't know how to import it). Go to Address Book, choose File -> Import -> Text File and choose the file. You'll get to select which field in the CSV data gets mapped to which field in Address Book before importing.

Importing contacts from Word doc to Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.