Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Calendars Still Showing in iTunes and on iPhone

I have a couple Calendars which were obsolete so I deleted them from iCal but they still show up in iTunes as Syncable, and if I sync all Calendars they will show up on my iPhone.

One of these was a subscribed Calendar that the link became broken on and I resubscribed with a new link. On that particular calendar, both the old one and the new one will show up every time b/c they have the same name.

Any one have any suggestions on this? I thought maybe I could delete the files that are hidden somewhere on the computer, but don't know where to look. Or is there a repair iCal option that I could try (I'm not at home with the Mac to look).

Thanks!

PowerMac G4 (MDD), Mac OS X (10.5.7), 1 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 10:33 AM

8 replies

Aug 12, 2009 7:07 PM in response to Matt Endersby

I'm having the same problem and it has effected my ability to sync with Mobile Me. It seems to have started just about the time I upgraded to iTunes 8.2.1. Cannot sync either the calendars or contacts now with the iPhone. Calendars for iTunes are NOT stored in the Applications Support folder. I've created a new account on the computer and the correct calendars show up. Of course the music, mobile applications, iPod games, ringtones and TV shows are all screwed up.
I'm pretty well convinced that something in 8.2.1 set this off.
Any suggestions??

Sep 27, 2009 6:46 PM in response to Matt Endersby

I'm having the very same problem and posted the following on the iPhone Forum before I found this. I've had no response.

I have two duplicate calendars on my iPhone. They are also duplicated on the Calendars list on the iTunes sync page. I also have several other calendars listed on the iTunes sync page which have been deleted in iCal. It can't seem to remove the duplicates from my iPhone or the duplicates and deleted calendars from the list on the iTunes sync page. I tried selecting and syncing only the checked calendars hoping the others would be deleted but they weren't. As I mentioned in the topic, I'm not using MobileMe but only the iTunes sync.

In addition, I have one event, an appointment, which doesn't appear on my iPhone but is on iCal desktop. I've sync'd several times and it still doesn't show up. Oddly enough, the Appointments calendar is not one of the duplicates. I thought perhaps it had gotten posted there.

I read an earlier post and deleted the iCal.plist and the iCal cache then logged out and in again. That's what generated the duplicates!! I've deleted duplicate calendars, and removed duplicate events using iCal Cleaner, from the desktop iCal, but I still have the iPhone and list on iTunes sync to fix.

Five hours later I posted this:
It now appears that when I select specific calendars on the iTunes sync page, only one calendar syncs, and that duplicates. When I select all calendars, I get one duplicate, seven calendars that have been deleted on iCal, and I'm now missing eight Calendars that are on iCal.

Can someone please help? It's getting worse because now I've lost my major calendars on my phone.

Oct 15, 2009 4:29 AM in response to Matt Endersby

Hi everyone,

I had a similar issue with a set of deleted iCal calendars. In my case these were calendars from an iCal Server I no longer use (I stopped using the iCal Server in the first placce,because MobileMe automatically syncs all calendars, but my iCal server was only allowed to have a local IP and hence was not reachabe from home or the iPhone...)

I deleted the server entry in iCal and the calendars were invisible. They were not synced via MobileMe anymore. But they still DID show up in iTunes when syncing my iPhone, which I do sync via iTunes, as I have another calendar I share between work and home but do not want to have on my iPhone (thanks Apple for not letting me choose which calendars and address book groups I want to share via MobileMe, let alone on a per-machine basis).

Anyway, I have now done the following, probably very dangerous(!) thing:
In the finder, I went to User > (MyUserName) > Library > Application Support and put the folder "SyncServices" into the trash. I did not empty the trash, so I had some sort of backup in case horrible things were about to happen... For good measure, I restarted my Mac. After coming back up, I opened iTunes: ALL calendars and address book groups were gone from iTunes. They still showed up in the respective programs, though, thank god! I then force-synced MobileMe, using the "replace data on this computer" option which resulted in a rebuilt "SyncServices" folder. Since then, the deleted calendars are gone from iTunes, but the other ones show up in iTunes again and are syncable to the iPhone. I can not recommend this to anyone, because a) I do have a MobileMe account to sync to/from and b) I am not a all shure what it was that I did there and what the consequences might have been. All I can say is: it worked for me...

Best
co-operate

Deleted Calendars Still Showing in iTunes and on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.