Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

3.0 auto-join for AT&T WiFi

1671 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2009 2:00 PM by glideslope RSS
JoeZinVA Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 12, 2009 5:37 AM
Anyone have any luck getting this to work?

It doesn't seem to work for me yet and have to keep the wifi off as there is no way to do the SMS ping no more.

I can't use any services on at&t wifi.

Message was edited by: JoeZinVA
Dell Studio Slim (Vista) / Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPhone 3G(S)
  • deggie Level 8 Level 8 (44,915 points)
    Jul 12, 2009 6:08 AM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    I'm using it in several locations without a problem. Where are you trying to use it?
    MacPro Dual Core 2.66 Ghz, MacBook Pro 15", iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.6), AEXs, Red 2G Nano, Red Shuffle, 160 GB Classic, White 60GB 5G, Apple TV
  • sidssp Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)
    Jul 12, 2009 6:20 AM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    It works for me most of the time. In a few cases that it doesn't, I use a free app called Easy Wifi to log back in.
    iMac 20" Core Duo 2G, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2 Western Digital My Book Studio 1T external HD, 2nd 19" monitor
  • SteveCWatkins Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
    Jul 12, 2009 6:48 AM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    Works great for me. I think the first time I used it, I had to put in my cell number or something. After that, it auto-connects right up and works great.
    iPhone 3GS, iPhone OS 3.0, White 32gb, week 24
  • w7ox Level 4 Level 4 (2,385 points)
    Jul 12, 2009 9:05 AM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    Seems to work for (and surprise!) me. I was in a restaurant (well, sort of) and noticed I had wi-fi connectivity. Turns out it was AT&T.

Phil
    MacBook Al 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.7), Dell WinXP Desktop ; iPhone 3G[S]
  • Limegrntaln Calculating status...
    Jul 12, 2009 12:14 PM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    JoeZinVA wrote:
    In a Starbucks location in Woodbridge, VA, Cheshire Station Plaza

The closest one I go to each weekend.

Reformatted the iPhone, told it to forget the network, etc.

Still "Connecting" for minutes.

Left an ATT message and they were going to work on it three weeks ago.

Once in a blue moon it works again.

Is it only that Starbucks? Are there other AT&T places in Woodbridge you can try? Have you tried Manassas or Safford? Or is it the same everywhere?
    Asus P6T Deluxe Core i7 920 6GB DDR3-1600 EVGA GTX 285, Windows Vista, 32GB iPhone 3G(S)
  • AdamSR Calculating status...
    Jul 19, 2009 11:34 AM (in response to JoeZinVA)
    I am having the same problem too at Starbucks with ATT Wifi in the USA on an iPhone 3G that just got OS3.0.

It used to work fine. Now it does not. It works fine on my friends iPhone while we stand next to each other. I've tested different Starbucks in different states. It's really maddening.
    iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.0
  • glideslope Calculating status...
    Jul 19, 2009 1:47 PM (in response to AdamSR)
    Reset your Network Settings.
    Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8/Mac Pro 4 Core 2.66 / iMac 17" 2.0 Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPod 1st, 2nd, 3d gen. iPod Touch v 2.2, iPhone 3G 16g White v2.2
  • AdamSR Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jul 19, 2009 1:55 PM (in response to glideslope)
    Reset of Network Settings didn't help. Tried that earlier.
    iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.0
  • glideslope Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)
    Jul 19, 2009 2:00 PM (in response to AdamSR)
    Bummer. Try a full power down and restart (not restore) Get iStat for the iPhone and use it to keep the phone's memory clear. Or, power down your phone at least 1x per week.

Stuff stuck in memory can be the foundation for lots of things such as this.

Good Luck.
    Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8/Mac Pro 4 Core 2.66 / iMac 17" 2.0 Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPod 1st, 2nd, 3d gen. iPod Touch v 3.0, iPhone 3G 16g White v3.0

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.