Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 3gs application icons

i just bought the iphone 3gs and i have applications on it, but the icons are not the right icon for the app.... like a ring tone one is really a playmesh mafia icon and so on. how do i fix this?

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 12, 2009 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 10:09 PM

I had the same problem when an icon for a different app appeared in place of the correct one. Mine was an easy fix- I simply deleted the app from the iPhone (push and hold icon until it shakes, then click the x) and then shut off the iPhone. Next, I connected the iPhone to my computer and re-sync'd with iTunes (make certain that you check-mark the now deleted app to ensure it re-loads on the iPhone). Presto! The app icon was fixed. I hope that helps you with yours.
Tom
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2009 10:09 PM in response to canadianbeef

I had the same problem when an icon for a different app appeared in place of the correct one. Mine was an easy fix- I simply deleted the app from the iPhone (push and hold icon until it shakes, then click the x) and then shut off the iPhone. Next, I connected the iPhone to my computer and re-sync'd with iTunes (make certain that you check-mark the now deleted app to ensure it re-loads on the iPhone). Presto! The app icon was fixed. I hope that helps you with yours.
Tom

iphone 3gs application icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.