Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMate SD+ card reader won't mount

Hello,

I have a MobileMate SD+ card reader that I used to use on a PC to read the microSD card from my LG phone. It has a side slot to plug the microSD into. That's how I transferred pictures off of my phone. My Macbook Pro does not see the reader when plugged into my USB port.

It does show up in Parallels (Windows XP) as a removable disk but when I click on it, it says "insert disk in drive E:" So it's useless in Parallels.

Why can't I see it in OSX?

Thanks,

MK

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 12:05 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2009 1:34 PM in response to TantraYogi

Hmmm. I think I have the same reader as you...
(just took a pic of it from my LG phone)

User uploaded file

And I have a 13" MacBook Pro.

The SD card slot in my MacBook Pro is only for regular SD cards, so I too use this reader to be able to use the MicroSD card that comes out of my LG Voyager.

I don't have any problems though.

In fact, I have more problems with the internal card reader not working more then I have problems with this USB card reader!

So I don't know what to tell you! Mine works great!

Does it come up in the USB section of System Profiler?

MobileMate SD+ card reader won't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.