Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying US iPhone - using it in Sweden?

I would like to buy an iPhone3G. living in Sweden. I have no obvious reasons buying it here in Sweden (have a half year still to go with my old lousy mobile phone and operator) Donät wnat to wait more, and not sure if the 32G will come to Sweden.

Do anyone know the problems with buying an iPhone on the net, using it in Sweden? Keyboard (å,ä,ö...) or other issues?

Ulf

iPhone OS 3.0

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 3:52 AM

If your phone needs service, you'll have to send it back to the country where you bought it. Can you get a dataplan without buying the phone in Sweden? Phones in Sweden are carrier locked.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937
4 replies

Jul 13, 2009 4:34 AM in response to Ingo2711

The problems with shipping if problems, I had thought of, but thanks for the answer!

You're (partly) right - many phones are carrier locked. But you can buy phones without carrier locks or even carrier subscription. I have to check if that's possible for iPhones, so thanks for that insight as well

Any other inputs, folks?

Jul 13, 2009 5:23 AM in response to Tamara

Thanks! that solved it! Not. I mean that by that I know that I can't buy it from outside Sweden. (I should have known it - I lived in California last spring when the iPhone was released, and then I didn't dare to buy it from your reasons - bought an iPod Touch though...) OK - have to wait to the Swedish release (31:th July latest rumour)

Buying US iPhone - using it in Sweden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.