Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ticked off

I had the logic board failure, sent it back to apple and it came back fine. There was something rattling inside i had never heard before but didn't pay any attention really.

Well fast forward almost 5 months since it was fixed and my ibook started shutting off on it's own. complete power down. I took this to my friend at compusa who is certified on apple hardware. he brought me to the back... under the outside white cover there is a thin metal plate, all of the screws holding this in were either loose or not even started. The little rattle.... was a screw down next to where the power supply plugs in, it was never even put in place. he said they probably dropped it in there and didn't bother to get it back out. My iBook may be ruined... thanks apple for your quality of service when fixing your own problem.

Posted on Sep 28, 2005 7:18 AM

2 replies

ticked off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.