Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

How can I Remove / Recover a locked Iphone "device password"?

2497 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2009 8:47 AM by Bryan Debnam RSS
Bryan Debnam Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 13, 2009 8:17 AM
I would like to roll out Exchange connectivity for our IPhone users. We will enforce strong alpha numeric password policies when doing so. The problem is these are "personal devices". A lot of my end users do not SYNC or backup their phone. Our corporate policy blocks ITunes to further complicate things. It is important to be able to recover/remove a password before a remote wipe takes place by our IT staff. Does any Apple supported tool or procedure exist for this?
Iphone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.6), OSX and Windows 7
  • Woggledog Level 4 Level 4 (1,870 points)
    Bryan,

you'll be able to enforce exchange policies on the iphone, namely the autolock of the device after a couple of minutes.

With this, the security is no different that a user navigating to owa.mycorp.com and reading their exchange email that way (if you have this enabled)

If you do a remote wipe, this will remove the password. Whilst you may of blocked itunes in the corp domain, I;m sure users will use it at home, thus syncing and backing up data. It's a shame that you have so many users that DON'T do this though.

There are some very detailed websites out there going through what you may need, such as:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/07/11/449196.aspx
    MacBook pro 2.5GHz C2D, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Time Capsule + TV 160GB + Airport Express + iPhone 3G

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.