Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror image by Photo booth

Hi All
When I capture a photo from photo booth I got mirror image. Application re-install and OS re-installed.

Mac Book Pro 2.66 GHz,I-Mac Intel, Mac Pro DP,PowerMac G5 DP 2.0GHz,E-mac 1Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 1:57 AM

8 replies

Jul 14, 2009 3:12 AM in response to mahender negi

When you take a photograph using photobooth the resultant saved image is as if someone took a photograph of you with a camera. Photobooth shows the live image on your screen as if you were looking into a mirror. Once you get your head around what is going on it is fine. When the camera is used in iChat or Skype the image seen by the other person is the correct way around.

Chris

Jul 30, 2009 10:16 PM in response to Island Preacher

The solution (Auto Flip New Photos) does NOT work for videos. My videos are in mirror image so you have to read everything backwards. Does anyone have a solution to that problem?

Open the movie with QuickTime Pro
<http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/>
"Show Movie Properties" from "Windows" menu, select the "Video Track", click the "Visual Settings" tab, click the flip button, and use "Save As" from the "File" menu.

Aug 1, 2009 6:14 AM in response to Island Preacher

iGlasses

Try before you buy if you want.

Works with several dozen apps (more of a System Add-On then an App Add-on)
Helps with this Text thing issue in iChat and Photo Booth.

Has several other features as well as Flip which can be a 90˚ thing if you camera is mounted sideways. (useful for the External iSight on a Mag mount on the side of the computer or hanging form a metal lampsahde)

User uploaded file

2:14 PM Saturday; August 1, 2009

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

Mirror image by Photo booth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.