Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut jpeg import - quick question...

Ive been asked to put together a short video using jpegs from a powerpoint presentation. The size of the jpegs is 960x720. However when I import the jpeg into the FCP sequence - it compresses the jpeg so it looks slightly squashed and stretched. It stretches the aspect of the jpeg to fit the width. Grabbing the corner handles of the image - does not allow me to change the picture aspect ratio back to how it should be. Sorry I am a bit of a FCP noob. Can someone advise me on the way to set this up so the jpeg is not automatically stretched on import?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 9:22 AM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2009 9:35 AM in response to SWAN909808

The JPEG's are likely square pixels, where the sequence setting you're using is rectangular... so the fix is either to change the sequence settings, or to re export the stills using rectangular pixels. You can distort the picts though to make them look not stretched using the aspect ratio slider. Might be another way to get you where you want to be.

Jerry

Final Cut jpeg import - quick question...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.