Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Mail issue

2031 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2009 10:13 AM by elko RSS
Matthew Carter3 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 14, 2009 10:28 AM
I have a problem with my iBook (but not with my iMac or iPhone). I can no longer send or receive .mac e-mails from the iBook, but can still send and receive mails from my POP account. I have no problem on the iMac or iPhone.

Every now and again I get the following message:

+Mail has undone actions on some messages so that you can redo the actions while online. Mail has saved other messages in mailbox “On My Mac” in “On My Mac” so that you can complete the actions while online.+

+Additional information: The connection to the server “mail.mac.com” on port 993 timed out.+

All the while a message I tried to send last week, is gradually filling up the draft file. Up to 14 now, though I delete them every so often. Anyone got any ideas?
G5 iMac 1.8GHz; iBook G4 1.42GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • elko Calculating status...
    Jul 14, 2009 10:49 PM (in response to Matthew Carter3)
    try repairing permissions
    HD>applications>utilitites>disk utility
    15" MBP 2.33, iPod 5th gen, 14" iBook G4 1.33, iMac G3 DV400, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • elko Level 2 Level 2 (265 points)
    Jul 15, 2009 10:13 AM (in response to Matthew Carter3)
    sounds like you need to rebuild your mailboxes. there's a link in the apple pages (not this forum) that tells you how to do it. I'll look for it when I get home from work if you can't find it.
    15" MBP 2.33, iPod 5th gen, 14" iBook G4 1.33, iMac G3 DV400, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.