Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail issue

I have a problem with my iBook (but not with my iMac or iPhone). I can no longer send or receive .mac e-mails from the iBook, but can still send and receive mails from my POP account. I have no problem on the iMac or iPhone.

Every now and again I get the following message:

+Mail has undone actions on some messages so that you can redo the actions while online. Mail has saved other messages in mailbox “On My Mac” in “On My Mac” so that you can complete the actions while online.+

+Additional information: The connection to the server “mail.mac.com” on port 993 timed out.+

All the while a message I tried to send last week, is gradually filling up the draft file. Up to 14 now, though I delete them every so often. Anyone got any ideas?

G5 iMac 1.8GHz; iBook G4 1.42GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 10:28 AM

4 replies

Jul 15, 2009 1:12 AM in response to elko

Hi Elko

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already tried that. The problem persists. The mail that cannot be sent seems to be blocking the entire system... and slowing down the rest of the computer. No matter how many times I delete the message from the draft mailbox, it remains in the system.

For the time being I've force quit Mail and am accessing messages via Mobile Me over the web.

Mail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.