Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and Compilations Folder

When I am importing songs into my Library, I noticed that sometimes iTunes will put the album in a folder with the author's name and sometimes it will put it into a folder called Compilations. In order to keep my songs orderly, I will move the album from Compilations folder to the singer's folder, but then it will not play on iTunes nor can I transfer it to my iPod. Does anyone know why this happens, and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

PC, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 3:15 PM

sometimes it will put it into a folder called Compilations.

Because the CD is marked a a Compilation.
In order to keep my songs orderly, I will move the album from Compilations folder to the singer's folder but then it will not play on iTunes nor can I transfer it to my iPod. Does anyone know why this happens, and what I can do about it?

Since you moved it, iTunes does not know where it is so it cannot play it or sync it.
You should not move anything in the iTunes folder. Let iTunes do it.
In iTunes, selct teh songs/albums, right click - get info.
Click the Options tab and uncheck *Part of compilation*.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2009 3:15 PM in response to Milton S

sometimes it will put it into a folder called Compilations.

Because the CD is marked a a Compilation.
In order to keep my songs orderly, I will move the album from Compilations folder to the singer's folder but then it will not play on iTunes nor can I transfer it to my iPod. Does anyone know why this happens, and what I can do about it?

Since you moved it, iTunes does not know where it is so it cannot play it or sync it.
You should not move anything in the iTunes folder. Let iTunes do it.
In iTunes, selct teh songs/albums, right click - get info.
Click the Options tab and uncheck *Part of compilation*.

iTunes and Compilations Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.