Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DRM-less music upgrade problems

After iTunes began going DRM free on their music I started upgrading some of my songs for the $.29 price. I had already gone thru the whole burn to CD/copy to WMP steps for most of my songs but wanted to get the DRM free music a little more cleanly and also get the higher bitrates.

Anyway, I have about 10 songs left to convert to DRM free but iTunes is not notifying me of their availability - even though I recently read where the entire iTunes library is available DRM free.

What I noticed is that the 10 specific song/album combinations are no longer listed as they were when we bought them originally. For example, my wife bought the Carrie Underwood "Jesus Take the Wheel" song and the album was (I'm at work now so the exact title may not be correct) "Jesus Take the Wheel (Single)". However, when I search for that album it is no longer available....even though the song clearly is.

Has anyone else come across this and found a way to upgrade their songs?

Thanks for any assistance.

Windows XP

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 10:39 AM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2009 11:11 AM in response to GoHerdIBG

Upgrading will be done for the same version of the song.
If you originally purchased the song off the album and the album is no longer available, you cannot upgrade with the single version or a version from a different album.
Sometimes, previous purchases were not linked correctly and did not show up as elgible for upgrade.
You should contact the iTunes store here -> http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/

DRM-less music upgrade problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.