Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! XDCAM TRANSFER - No media !!! From a PMW EX3

Help! I have tried to open the movie clips in XDCAM Tranfer, I'm trying to import them in to Final Cut Pro 6.0.1.I can see them in XDCAM EX Clip Browser, but In XDCAM Tranfer [version 2.10.0] I got this message:
- No image available !

What am I doing wrong???

2.8 GHz intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 11:00 AM

14 replies

Jul 18, 2009 12:25 PM in response to smart-box

Open two explorer windows, select and drag one clip only from its present location in the top window to a HD/folder in the bottom window. A new BPAV folder containing the mp4 file and associate attachments will be created here. Import this through Sony XDCAM to check if it will work. On import a .mov file is created, located in a folder with the same name as the one containing the original BPAV folder. If you can't locate it, search for it by its original name.
Is XDCAM Transfer compatible with 6.0.1.?
Sigurd

Sep 2, 2009 8:32 AM in response to Sigurd Bojesen

I have the same problem! And your suggested procedure doesn't work.

Yes, I do have the latest version of XDCAM transfer (2.10) and I've installed Snow Leopard lately.

Before installing SL I've imported around 200 hours and never had a problem... Now I have this "No Image Available" thing and nothing helps!!! It is really annoying, because there's no possibility to import the movie files without clicking several hundred times on an error message.

And then after clicking 100 hundred times on this error message FCP is crashing for sure, but there had been 300 files to import. Now I can restart the whole procedure... this isn't funny!

What to do next?

HELP! XDCAM TRANSFER - No media !!! From a PMW EX3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.