23588 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2009 9:39 PM by b0nzkiie
Hey again! I fixed the problem now, and this is really useful so I thought I'd post the solutuion here in case anyone else needs it. Now, these instructions sounded a bit dubious to me but they definitely work! N.B. you might find that when you follow the procedure the first time this causes iTunes to download the 3.0 firmware file, which is 230Mb so takes a while. This happened with me, and I had to then start the process from the top again to actually re-load the firmware onto the phone.
Anyway - here comes the solution!
- Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
- Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
- Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
- Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
- Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
- Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into iTunes screen on your phone
- Click restore
Hope this helps!
T-Nice, you saved me a lot of stress as well! Thanks so much--my iPhone is restoring right now after not being able to boot up past the Apple logo.
I was wondering if it had anything to do with the 3.1 upgrade, but judging from the dates on other people reporting this problem, it pre-dates that. Anyway, thank you so much! You're a lifesaver! or, at least, an iPhonesaver!