Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

SSD in Macbook Late 2007

5730 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2009 1:16 AM by Antony Gerrish RSS
Nardac Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 21, 2009 1:33 PM
I wanted to know if someone has installed a OCZ SSD 128GB CORE SERIES 128GB in a late 2007 macbook Santarosa (Sata I). It was found right? Some problem?
Ty
Macbook ImacG4, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • JoeyR Level 6 Level 6 (8,275 points)
    Jul 21, 2009 1:50 PM (in response to Nardac)
    If possible, you'll want to go with the newer OCZ Vertex or Summit SSDs. The Core series did not have any internal cache and the controller used in those provided "iffy" performance. Most notably, frequent "pauses" while using the system. If you happen to already have the drive and just want to try it out, you won't hurt anything... but I wouldn't suggest that you purchase one. There is a huge difference in the different generations of SSDs.
    Core Duo BlackBook - SR MBP - 13.3" MB Pro - 8GB Gen 2 and 3 Nanos, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Jean-Rémi Fénolland Calculating status...
    Jul 30, 2009 3:58 PM (in response to Nardac)
    Did you install the SSD drive in your macbook ? Is it ok ??

thanx
    Macbook 2 GHz santa rosa late 2007, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Antony Gerrish Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Sep 14, 2009 1:16 AM (in response to Jean-Rémi Fénolland)
    I just bought a Crucial 64GB SSD, the M225, for my white MacBook. The difference it has made is amazing. Most applications now launch instantly, larger apps such as iPhoto, iMovie etc. only take a few seconds. Dreamweaver launches in around 3 seconds, it used to take about 20. I can open dozens of applications and the machine never slows down. Parallels launches very fast.

I use the MacBook purely for work so I don't need too much storage for music etc., so the 64GB drive is fine. As soon as prices come down a bit more I will buy a bigger drive.
    Intel iMac 2.16GHz 3GB, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.