Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD adaptor for memory stick pro duo?

Hi all,

I just got an awesome uMBP about a month ago and absolutely love it. I really like the inclusion of the SD card slot. Unfortunately, the camera I use is a SONY and uses the memory stick pro duo.

Now I don't even know if this is possible or if such a thing exists, but I was wondering in there was some kind of adaptor where i could stick my pro duo into an SD type reader, and then use that in the SD slot on my computer. Does anything like this exist? If so, can somebody provide a link to one? I would love to have a product like this!!

Unibody Macbook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 9:53 AM

That adapter (one of the three in the set) is for reading Micro SD cards in a Memory Stick reader, not for reading Memory Sticks in an SD reader.

If the adapter you're looking for exists, it will protrude from the SD card reader in the MBP, and then the MS will protrude from it. The whole assemblage will be pretty vulnerable to physical damage while it's in place — particularly along the line where the adapter's thin "tongue" emerges from the SD card reader slot. Bump that or drop anything on it, and you may have a broken adapter (or part of one) stuck in your reader.

I strongly suggest that you use a USB card reader instead, unless you switch to a camera that uses SD cards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2009 9:53 AM in response to a Mac user

That adapter (one of the three in the set) is for reading Micro SD cards in a Memory Stick reader, not for reading Memory Sticks in an SD reader.

If the adapter you're looking for exists, it will protrude from the SD card reader in the MBP, and then the MS will protrude from it. The whole assemblage will be pretty vulnerable to physical damage while it's in place — particularly along the line where the adapter's thin "tongue" emerges from the SD card reader slot. Bump that or drop anything on it, and you may have a broken adapter (or part of one) stuck in your reader.

I strongly suggest that you use a USB card reader instead, unless you switch to a camera that uses SD cards.

SD adaptor for memory stick pro duo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.