Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play HD video 1080 In quicktime in windows

Hi
When i try to play a HD movie in quicktime it takes a minute then a dialoge box apears and it say don't send, send, or debug. i try all three the videos is not playing. I have the latest version of quicktime 7.6.2 and i have windows xp Proffesional. Intel pentium 4 1.81 Ghz 2 of Gb Ram

Windows, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 2:33 PM

What format are the movies (i.e. with what codecs were they created)? Alternatively, from where did they come?

Note that a 1.8GHz Pentium 4 system probably isn't fast enough to play 1080 content without at least some stuttering, if it will play at all. Apple specifies that HD-quality videos purchased on the iTunes Store requires a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor, and HD movies from the iTunes Store are only 720p quality.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2009 2:33 PM in response to Doug470

What format are the movies (i.e. with what codecs were they created)? Alternatively, from where did they come?

Note that a 1.8GHz Pentium 4 system probably isn't fast enough to play 1080 content without at least some stuttering, if it will play at all. Apple specifies that HD-quality videos purchased on the iTunes Store requires a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor, and HD movies from the iTunes Store are only 720p quality.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

Can't play HD video 1080 In quicktime in windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.