Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with Verizon Wireless broadband

I have a USB720 (Verizon Wireless broadband internet). I use it on my pc laptop and wanted to install it on my older eMac. (G4) I installed the software (VZAccess Manager) and all goes well. However, the application will not open. I spoke with the tech help at Verizon and they said I may need an airport update 4.2. Do I need the airport card for my emac in order for this application to run and use the broadband usb card?
any help would be greatly appreciated!
I really want to use this internet, it is the only option i currently have! Thanks!!

eMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 3:40 PM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2009 11:53 PM in response to munsch

Hi,

I spoke with the tech help at Verizon and they said I may need an airport update 4.2.

Without being familiar with the USB720, I really doubt that AirPort software has anything to do with this.

Do I need the airport card for my emac in order for this application to run and use the broadband usb card?

An AirPort or AirPort Extreme card (depending upon eMac model) is used for local wireless (Wi-Fi) networking. This is different from mobile broadband, which is a way of providing Internet access via mobile telephone networks. So, the USB mobile broadband modem in question should be the only device needed for this particular service.

The USB720 appears to be Mac-compatible. You should check whether your eMac is running a Mac OS X version that supports the installed software (the information here and here could perhaps also be of interest). Unless there are specific USB 2.0 only requirements, a USB 1.1 port ought to be OK, too (you may want to verify this).

Jan

Jul 23, 2009 2:31 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Jan,
My eMac has OS X 10.3.9
The software download on the internet (the link you provided) is a newer version for newer operating systems.
I got a CD of the software (VZAccess Manager) from the Verizon store and it says the requirements are only a G3 and 10.3.9
The thing is the software installs and I see it on the doc, it just will not open. However, when installed on my pc laptop the software opens even if the device isn't inserted.
I guess I am not understanding why the software won't open...
Thanks for all the help, any other ideas please let me know!

Jul 25, 2009 5:45 AM in response to munsch

Hello again,

The thing is the software installs and I see it on the doc, it just will not open.

Have you tested uninstalling/reinstalling the Verizon software?

Do all other programs on the Mac work as they should? If applicable, for problems and solutions related to the operating system, you may want to try a new post in one of the Mac OS X v10.3 & earlier fora.

Jan

Need help with Verizon Wireless broadband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.