Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reconstruct Bookmarks

I mistakenly deleted my Bookmarks in Safari 4.0.2 today using something called Wash Machine. I did not know I was doing that and when I next went into Safari, the Bookmarks were gone. I have tried using Time Machine to 1) replace a past version of Safari 2) using Time Machine replace Bookmarks with a past version. I can get the Bookmarks into their folder but not to get Safari to recognize them. Safari just shows a basic menu bar and no other bookmarks no matter what I try.

I have Time Machine back ups going back a year and other backups for 2 generations.

Any ideas about how I get my Bookmarks back together with my menu bar? Thanks

Macbook Pro 17 inch, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jul 23, 2009 10:11 PM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2009 11:54 PM in response to sitspotsit

Hi Sitspotsit,

This is not correct ...

To get in this case the Bookmarks back as in this post do the following ...

Open Finder, look for the Safari Bookmarks folder, select it ones, and open Time machine, Go Back in Time till the Bookmark(s) mention was deleted and select IN Time Machine the Bookmarks Folder and select PUT BACK.

NOW Safari Bookmarks folder is the way it was before deleting the specific Bookmark.

Dimaxum

How to reconstruct Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.