6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2009 8:28 PM by KnottyMonkey
Eddie G123 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
My car has built in bluetooth and with my last phone it never lost the connection. Now periodically my phone is not connected to the car and I have to go into the phone settings and turn off then back on the bluetooth.

Now today I went to test the bluetooth headphones which always worked fine. Well, there was not connection, so I again went to settings, turned bluetooth off and on, and then it connected.

I've searched the forum (a bit) and did not see any bluetooth issues like this, where the device was found and is now lost.

Is it the hardware or software? I have OS v3.0, and I've read some issues with bluetooth and wifi, but in my case I have the wifi turned off.

Thanks!
  • 2muchjoy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the exact same problem. Bluetooth on my iPhone 3Gs (sw version 3.1) is NOT working.

    My 1st generation iPhone worked fine with my Carkit (Toyota Prius, I believe made by Denso) or a Headset (Motorola H700) for the last two years. But now with the 3Gs, I need to manually turning off Bluetooth in the iPhone menu and then turn it back on.

    And actually, when I try to turn off Bluetooth in the menu, the slider goes to OFF, the spinning icon shows up for a few seconds then comes back ON. When I slide it OFF again, it seems to go off, and then Bluetooth will work when I turn it back on, until the next day.

    Apple - Please fix this bug!
  • Pacamac Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same problem using bt with A2DP speakers. I pair the device and connect succefully. I walk out of range of the device, the bt icon greys, I come back in range but no bluetooth. Instead I have to manually connect again it does not re-connect automatically. I also tested it on my Dell laptop same problem.
  • mthowell Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having the same problem. 3G iPhone which used to always seemlessly connect to the bluetooth in my car. No, it barely works. It's crackly when it's on and I can watch the screen in my car toggle between 'Iphone is connected' and 'Iphone is disconnected'. That's never happened before and I inevitablyl have to go in and turn off bluetooth and then back on. Coincidentally, this behavior started after 3.1 update but I am not classifying it as the culprit although now bluetooth is utterly unusable in my car right now.
  • 2muchjoy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hey Apple - Could we get some support on this? Bluetooth is broken!
  • KnottyMonkey Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having the same problem: iPhone 3GS (and 3G before that) used to work PERFECTLY with my 2007 BMW 530. With lastest OS update (3.1.2) the bluetooth connection between the iPhone and the car is so crackly that it is unusuable about 85% of the time. The other 15% it is clear as a bell. Very strange. I noticed that the Bluetooth connection between the two has been dropped a couple of times recently and that has never happened before either.

    One of my favorite features of the phone is using Bluetooth in my car. Please fix this so I can go back to being a happy customer!

    Josh
  • roaminggnome Level 10 Level 10 (93,810 points)
    "Hey Apple - Could we get some support on this? Bluetooth is broken!"

    You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user forum.

    You can leave feedback for Apple at:

    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html