Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music I didn't buy has appeared in my iTunes

The soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire has mysteriously appeared in my 'waiting for download' section of iTunes: I can categorically say that I did not purchase it. I have not seen the film and know nothing of the music. Just in case I went mad and bought it while asleep, I checked my email to see if there was a receipt for it, but no. I am the only person with access to my iTunes account.

Are there any instances of this sort of thing happening by accident? Is it possible for someone to have made a purchase in error and for the music to have ended up in my account?

Dell, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 12:14 PM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2009 4:16 AM in response to Chris CA

Chris CA wrote:
Check and see if you've bought any iTunes Gift Cards you don't know about

???

Fraudulent iTunes Gift cards are used to make purchases but are associated with a hijacked account so that if traced it's that account holder who'll have to deal with the problems. It was a form of "laundering".
It's one of the reasons iTunes had stopped issuing those $200 gift cards about a year back since that's one of the uses for them ( The other reason had to do with why you don't, if you're sane, continue with gift card numbers after someone cracks the algorithm. ).

Another problem was with debit card numbers, usually swiped from a restaurant or Pub, being used for iTunes purchases in the U.K. ( You can find out about that by doing a search of this forum since it was also heavily posted. ) and to buy gift cards for a one time use.

If someone just hacked his account or his account was compromised further and his debit card number it out in the wild then sudden surprise purchases from the iTunes Store maybe his first warning.

He has to check his account further.

Music I didn't buy has appeared in my iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.