Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Drives will not mount

running 10.5.7. I've been using two G-Tech (500GB) external hard drives for about 6 months, connecting via a FW800 cable. Just this week, I added a brand new G-Tech (500GB) external hard drive also connected via FW800. All seemed fine two days ago when I was last on my computer. I put the computer to sleep after I was done.

Today, I find my computer completely off, but all three external drives still on. My computer would not power on. It would just make a clicking sound when the power button was pressed. So, I turned off all three drives then pressed the power button and the computer turned on. fewww!!

However, now when I turn on any or all of the external hard drives, daisy chained or not, using FW800 or FW400, they will not mount. They WILL mount when connected to my Macbook Pro via a FW800 cable, so they problem does not seem to be with the drives.

What could be the problem? any solutions? Are my FW ports fried or something? is that an expensive fix?

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 8GB RAM

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 6:18 PM

1 reply

External Drives will not mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.