Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch Frozen With loading bar and apple logo

Yesterday i wanted to add some new applications to My Ipod Touch (1st gen). Itunes told me that i had to download and buy the new Ipod software for $12.99 so i paid for that and then downloaded. Then i had another problem where i needed the new itunes so i downloaded the new itunes 8 and it wouldnt install because i kept getting a error message "you cannot continue downloading itunes 8 as there is a newer quicktime version on your computer" after finally dealing and solving that i downloaded the new itunes and the new ipod updater software was installed. Now on my ipod i am getting a Apple Logo and underneath that a loading bar which is about 1/4 full. I have tried everything. Resetting and restoring my ipod and its still there. i have let the battery run flat and as soon as it is back on charge it goes back to the same screen.

Apple Ipod Touch 1st Gen, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 5:34 AM

12 replies

Aug 2, 2009 12:08 PM in response to svk10

My problem got resolved:
- I restored once again
- After installation, the setup gives you an option to copy stuff from last back-up or setup the itouch totally new. This time I chose to setup itouch new.

This time it worked (did not freeze). I had set up my email etc, but that was easy.

Not sure if this the solution, but it worked for me

Oct 20, 2009 8:53 PM in response to Kelsey12

My question is how do you reset it if my comp doesnt even recognize its connected to my USB? Same thing it just sits here with Apple Screen and a 1/4 of the bar loaded! And i've tried the whole hold the home button while you plug the usb in and keep holding it until the connected to itunes screen appears and it does but my comp doesnt recognize it, please help i just bought it off a friend and was running perfectly till i updated it!

Oct 22, 2009 10:11 PM in response to trishddl

I had the same thing happen to my iPod touch recently. I found that while having it connecting to the computer with the USB cable, and then holding down the power & home buttons(for about 10 seconds) It went into a 'recover' mode and reinstalled the software. It also saved all the old data from the last time I had synced it with iTunes.

Ipod Touch Frozen With loading bar and apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.