5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2005 8:04 PM by Marco Meneses 11
Marco Meneses 11 Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
Has anyone ever bought memory from memorytogo.com? I got to it off a link from the macworld website. They have 1GB for $136.00. Can this be? I just need to get the one recommended for the iBook, G4, 1.33 14 inch...right? Crucial has the memory for $172. Are they more legit? Comments?
  • 1. RE: iBook Memory
    Duke Geren Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)
    Marco,

What do you mean by more legit? Are you asking if one is a better quality memory module than another? If that's the case, the then the Crucial will probably be a bettery quality module than what you may receive from memorytogo.com. It's not uncommon for a price that low mean that you expecty to receive a generic memory module that problably doesn't go through the rigorous quality control of say a Crucial, Kensington, GEIL, etc.

Bear in mind the old adage. You get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Duke
  • 2. RE: iBook Memory
    Geof Level 3 Level 3 (780 points)
    Marco- Might I suggest you repost on the Ibook memory board and also search that board to read if anyone else has purchased from memorytogo. I also agree that you get what you pay for. Both of my Apple Ibooks came with Samsung Memory and of course if Apple selects it for some of it's Ibooks, I am sure it is good memory.
  • 3. RE: iBook Memory
    mavherzog Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    1GB of Crucial ram for you 14" iBook can be had from Newegg for $113. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145068
  • 4. RE: iBook Memory
    Mav,

Thanks a lot. You just saved me some good money. This same memory is more than $500.00 on apple's site! Thanks again, MM
  • 5. RE: iBook Memory
    Just to not leave anyone hanging...I did end up getting Crucial 1GB of RAM. My iBook now is loaded with 1.25GB memory. WOW is it a difference. I used to have 512. Right now, I have Safari, Mail, iChat, iTunes (downloading videos!), Calandar - all running at the same time, and my activity monitor is not even breaking a sweat. I would highly recommend to anyone who can...max out the RAM!