Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webforms

Both my wife (MacBook Pro) and I (MacBook) run Mac OS X 10.5.7, Safari 4.0.2, and Acrobat Reader 9.1.2.

On my MacBook web forms open up fine with Safari, all she gets is a download .php file. When I open it with AR, it brings up the script...

I went into her AR, and did the ‘Repair Installation,’ but AR tells me that all Safari plug-ins have been installed properly, and no repair is necessary.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Klaus

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 30, 2009 11:11 AM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2009 11:58 AM in response to Klaus Blume

The web page isn't a PDF file, but the documents they show you or link to when you log in and search for property are PDF files, and Safari should have no trouble displaying those. Since the sie was designed with Windoze users and IE in mind, that browser doesn't have the capability to display PDF files natively, so that's why they say Adobe Reader is required.

You should try disabling the View PDF files using Adobe Reader in Adobe Reader's preferences>Internet section, then restart Safari on your wife's computer and test it.

Sep 7, 2009 11:29 AM in response to Golden Shoes

Did you ever get this problem resolved?
This is the same problem I am having in this thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10144782#10144782

You can see the steps I have taken, with no success. DId you and your wife have different versions of safari running?

I have done 2 fresh installs of Snow Leopard and have had no luck with either... Please let me know if you've solved this.

Sep 11, 2009 9:01 AM in response to Klaus Blume

Hi,

I an an assistant for a couple realtors who have the same problem. I think I have figured out what it is. Problem is that realtorlink webforms require active X controls to view properly, this can only be done with a Windows browser from what I am lead to believe.

If someone knows a way to do this without using Windows with Parallels or Crossover and IE 6 or 7 I would greatly appreciate the answer.

Clayton

Sep 14, 2009 10:41 AM in response to Klaus Blume

Klaus,

My wife had the same problem on Filogixdms/webforms 4.4. It just downloaded the file and showed nothing but script. Running snow lepoard and the latest version of Safari on a new IMac.

In applications go to Safari and left click, and go to get info. Change to open in 32 bit mode.
Then go to adobe.com and down load the latest version of reader for Mac eventhough it's not for snow lepoard and install it.
Once I did that all worked well. Was able to create kits, fill out forms, save etc.

Hope it works for you.

Webforms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.