Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acquiring List/Info of Authorized Accounts in iTunes Library

My iPhone will only hold songs from up to 5 accounts, right? OK, no problem.

Unfortunately though, when syncing, iTunes doesn't request my input as to what accounts (and accompanying songs) are excluded. It simply states, "sorry, tough beans, we're cutting a random account out."

So, in an effort to maintain some semblance of control over my music, I want to learn how many accounts I have authorized over the years, identify them, and then eliminate all but 5 of them. This way no account gets cut from the iPhone team.

How do I do this? I've looked around for a while and haven't found any useful info. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

15" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz 4GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iTunes 8.2.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2009 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2009 1:06 PM

Try this AppleScript, courtesy of the incredibly-useful Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=trackdownpurchases
5 replies

Jul 30, 2009 3:08 PM in response to varjak paw

Wow, that's super helpful. Thank you!

On an aside, do you happen to know if deleting all the songs that came from a given account will be the same as removing that account from the library? In other words, if all songs from accounts are gone except for 5 accounts, will iTunes behave and recognize that there are no longer an excess of 5 accounts being used on the machine?

thanks again, seriously!

Jul 31, 2009 8:41 AM in response to rpmca

do you happen to know if deleting all the songs that came from a given account will be the same as removing that account from the library?

No, it won't. You have to use the Deauthorize command to remove an iTunes Store account from the system. But you can't authorize iTunes to more than five iTunes Store accounts anyway.

If, however, there are tracks from more than five iTunes Store accounts (some copied from other systems, undoubtedly), then even though iTunes wouldn't be able to play all the tracks anyway, removing the tracks so that tracks from no more than five iTunes Store accounts are being synchronized to your iPhone may fix that particular problem.

Acquiring List/Info of Authorized Accounts in iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.