Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon PowerShot D10: Importing Pictures vs/ Movies

When I connect my Canon PowerShot D10 to my Mac, it imports only to iPhoto 09, even if they are video files. I then have to transfer the video files to iMovie 09. This is the case even if 1) iMovie is open, 2) iPhoto is closed, 3) there are only video files on the camera (no stills), and 3) the camera is in the video (not picture taking) mode.

What gives?!

Thanks!

Larry

| G5 Quad 2.5GHz | 16GB ECC | QUADRO FX 4500 | Dual 500GB HDD | Dual 30 in Cinem

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 8:39 PM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2009 11:35 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks, TD!

I was thinking that myself (Stills = iPhoto, Video = iMovie), but many modern day cameras are now EQUALLY touted for their STILL PHOTO application as well as their VIDEO capabilities, with each capability being about equal in importance. For instance, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-T1 is promoted by Panasonic to be this outstanding under water camera, plus it does movies. However, I have seen other Panasonic ads where they tout its video capabilities more than its photo function.

Is there some way to know, in advance of your purchase, when buying a modern day hybrid video/still camera whether it will be seen by Mac as a Still vs/ Video device? Or, do you simply do what I did, that is, connect it to your Mac and see if it opens iPhoto or iMovie?

Larry

Canon PowerShot D10: Importing Pictures vs/ Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.