Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot be synced - an unknown error occurred (13019)

I have the blues. My iPhone cannot be synced and is rejected in iTunes with the message:

"The iPhone "my iPhone name" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)."

Can someone here help me.

TIA,

Ken

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 2G RAM

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 10:23 PM

Hello Kenneth,

This article may be of some of assistance:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2830

Hope this helps,

Nathan C.
6 replies

Aug 1, 2009 1:58 AM in response to Kenneth Nielsen

I have a similar problem. After having a lot of drama with backups freezing and not completing I had to click on the 'x' to procede with any sync's. Now that 3.0.1 came out I decided to update when the popup came up saying would you like to update.

I went ahead, it downloaded the update then it couldn't install it and came up with errors. then my iPhone displayed the USB cable and the iTunes logo on the screen, now it won't do anything and iTunes won't recognise it.

I've tried to reset it, and reset my computer but nothing works. I am not uninstalling iTunes and re-installing it to see if that works. I now have lost everything on my iPhone I presume.

I am furious.

Aug 1, 2009 3:36 AM in response to AlexErik

HI,

Are you using a mac or PC? I had major issues with mine, had error messages, wouldn't sync, wouldn't turn on. Tried soft reset, no help. Tied uninstatlling itunes and re-installing, no help. Tried restore, got more error messages. Ended up taking it to the Apple store where they fixed it after 45 mins using restore. He said that the reason it wouldn't restore on mine was that I was using a PC and not a mac. "PC's cannot fix all errors" he said. Typical apple trying to get you to buy only their products:-/

iPhone cannot be synced - an unknown error occurred (13019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.