Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best method for PLAY ALL

I've used a couple methods for a PLAY ALL and wonder if anyone has comments on which is preferable. This will be for a glass-mastered SD DVD - an extra feature with an audio disc - and with 5.1 Dolby audio on the DVD.

On this one we're using multiple tracks and scripting to play each track successively as part of a PLAY ALL, or each track separately from a chapter menu.

Previously we've used one main track, and then played chapters via stories.

MBPro 2.4 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 7:02 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2009 8:38 AM in response to Coruway

Depends on the project. But stories will usually play a bit quicker (less pause) since they are all on the same track (if they are on different tracks the playback gets kicked to a different part of the DVD which slows things down), and scripts sometimes are a little less reliable than stories. Found that more on older players, but once in awhile DVD SP scripting can behave strangely. I think most of the "gotchas" can be worked around.

Some others around here prefer scripts more than stories and do not like setting up tracks to have stories. I am not sure there is a perfect answer because each probably have the pluses and minuses, but I usually go with stories when I can, even though I find scripting alot more fun 🙂

Best method for PLAY ALL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.