6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 7:25 AM by slmorgan42
George Horton Level 1 (5 points)
So email via exchange and standard POP accounts has been working fine then on Thursday my exchange mail stopped working. says "cannot get mail the connection to the server failed"
I checked with a colleague who has an iphone and uses the same server and his is working fine.
I have re-installed, spoken to Apple support and nothing seems to fix it.
It was the day before 3.01 was released so I have tried first with 3.0 and 3.0.1 and no difference.

The only thing I did do on the day it stopped working was install the mobileme APP but that may be a red herring. Have now removed mobileme and re-installed system but still no go.

Unfortunately my IT manager is in the UK so I cant get support from that end until Monday. Wanted to see if any clues here?

Many thanks for any thoughts

George

iphone 3Gs, iPhone OS 3.0
  • w7ox Level 4 (2,385 points)
    Have you tried removing and re-installing the offending email account? That has been reported to solve some email issues.

    Phil
  • George Horton Level 1 (5 points)
    I did do that and went through the process with Apple support but no different unfortunately. I am not an IT professional so could it be possible something is up on the server end that would mean I stopped working but colleagues are fine? I can still access my email from the web interface or when in my office intranet or via VPN.
    Thanks for the thoughts

    George
  • William Doane Level 1 (0 points)
    Same situation here... everything was working fine, then nothing... it just stalls when trying to connect to the Exchange server and eventually takes that account offline. In trying to delete/reinstall that account, the "test for connection to..." seems to time out.

    Never the less, the exact same configuration is working fine on my iPhone.
  • Reeferjon Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same issue. Exchange 2007 within Apple Mail has been working really well. However it stopped connecting to the server about 15 minutes ago. However:

    1. I can still access the Exchange account via my iPhone
    2. When I try to set up the Exchange account on another Mac, the Exchange Auto-discovery isn't working.
    3. Access to the Exchange Web Mail works fine.

    This is really frustrating. I'm going to try and reboot my broadband on the basis that it's associated to an IP address or something.
  • msg-84 Level 1 (0 points)
    +Same situation here... everything was working fine, then nothing... it just stalls when trying to connect to the Exchange server and eventually takes that account offline. In trying to delete/reinstall that account, the "test for connection to..." seems to time out.+

    I'm having the exact same problem. I stopped getting mail from the Exchange server at work sometime in last days of August. Sounds like there is a bug in an update I applied.
  • slmorgan42 Level 1 (5 points)
    May not be connected but I had the same issue after upgrading to 3.1

    If you can get someone to reboot the exchange server. This fixed it for me I think.