Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new mbp owner - safari was full screen yesterday but not today???

quick background - i bought a mid 09 15" MBP from someone yesterday. safari opens in full screen - or maybe not full screen but it filled the screen from top to bottom and left to right. today i created a new user account and when i launch safari i can not get it to fill the screen left to right - it only fills top to bottom, there is about a 3" gap between safari and the edge of the screen on the left and right side of safari. I can't figure out what settings are different from the other owners account and mine.

i'm not sure which os i have, assuming os 10 but i don't know which version.

Any help would be greatly appreciatd

Dave
a newbie

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 1:29 PM

Hi Dave,

You can resize the window by the drag area in the bottom right hand corner of just about every window (looks a bit like '///').

Clicking the green button in the title bar (depending on the website) may make the window full screen as well. The green 'zoom' button actually just makes the window fit the content of the page, so it doesn't always go fullscreen.

Hope that helps, and welcome aboard 🙂
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2009 1:29 PM in response to wheresdavid

Hi Dave,

You can resize the window by the drag area in the bottom right hand corner of just about every window (looks a bit like '///').

Clicking the green button in the title bar (depending on the website) may make the window full screen as well. The green 'zoom' button actually just makes the window fit the content of the page, so it doesn't always go fullscreen.

Hope that helps, and welcome aboard 🙂

new mbp owner - safari was full screen yesterday but not today???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.