Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I save photos from iphoto to external hd without Time Machine?

I have a seagate 320gb freeagent external hard drive and would like to know how to save my iphoto pictures on it. I cant seem to drag & drop folders from the application & Help only mentions using Time Machine which I dont particularly want to do (I had a Lacie hd connected to Time Machine & it made a very loud humming noise then I knocked it over so that was that, so now I'm starting again with the Seagate). Please could someone explain in very simple language how I can achieve this as I need to back up a couple of thousand photos to make room on my imac.
Thankyou
Sara

imac intel, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2009 10:24 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2009 11:03 AM in response to sara holifield

If you are trying to increase space rather than make a backup then consider moving your iPhoto library to the external drive and running it from there

Quit iPhoto, drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity to the external drive and depress the option (alt) key and launch iPhoto - select the library on the external drive and test it - once you are happy with it quit iPhoto and delete the library on the internal drive - launch iPhoto again and be sure everything is good and then empty the trash

LN

how do I save photos from iphoto to external hd without Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.