Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Booth - How to switch camera to external cinema display

Hey Everyone,

I have a Macbook Pro and an external led cinema display.
I was wondering if there is a way to change the camera during photo booth to the one in the external screen instead of the one in the MBP.

Thanks!!

MBP Pro 3,06Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB 7200rpm, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 6, 2009 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2009 6:34 PM

Aerialsfilm M* wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the camera during photo booth to the one in the external screen instead of the one in the MBP.

Not DURING.

Photo Booth is such a simple app that it has few controls. Many apps allow changing cameras, but Photo Booth does not.

You must select which camera you want to use BEFORE you launch Photo Booth by making the other camera (the one you do NOT want to use) _occupied prior to launching Photo Booth_.

For more specific info, see http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9135092

EZ Jim

G5 DP 1.8GHz w/Mac OS X (10.5.8) PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)   iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2009 6:34 PM in response to Aerialsfilm M*

Aerialsfilm M* wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Not DURING.

Photo Booth is such a simple app that it has few controls. Many apps allow changing cameras, but Photo Booth does not.

You must select which camera you want to use BEFORE you launch Photo Booth by making the other camera (the one you do NOT want to use) _occupied prior to launching Photo Booth_.

For more specific info, see http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9135092

EZ Jim

G5 DP 1.8GHz w/Mac OS X (10.5.8) PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)   iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

Aug 7, 2009 2:02 PM in response to EZ Jim

Umm,

Hi EZ Jim,

I have only used an external camera with my MacBook Pro.
To be more precise I have only done this with one camera at a time in addition to the Internal one.
I have used a Firewire DV Converter to get an analogue CamCorder pic in to both Photo Booth and iChat and a USB 2.0 UVC Compliant camera pic as input.

In both cases Photo Booth defaulted to the external camera, hence my comments in the other thread about "any external Camera" should have Photo Booth's attention if it is plugged in.

If you have come across differently I will bow to the experience.

I would ask how the Screen Camera connect to the computer and does it show in System Profiler ?

User uploaded file

10:02 PM Friday; August 7, 2009

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

Aug 8, 2009 12:01 PM in response to EZ Jim

Hi EZ Jim,

I am not entirely sure it is that easy.

1) the OP does not say it the camera is seen in any other App or in the System Profiler.

2) We have seen in other posts that some cameras in Screens have a separate USB Connection used/needed and it is not always though and DVI that might carry Firewire or USB like the old ADC connector did.

We will need the Original Poster to come back to us.

User uploaded file

8:01 PM Saturday; August 8, 2009

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

Sep 10, 2009 4:55 PM in response to Aerialsfilm M*

Hello,

I'm very sorry to put this here, but I wanted to ask you something about the "not enough memory
to perform this operation, 17524 error" you've had in the past. Since I couldn't reply to the topic in question (been closed) and can't send you a private message I have no other choice but to put that here. I've been experiencing exactly the same problem as you (but with stuffit deluxe when trying to extract a .7z file on a mac) and when googling for hours only person with exactly the same problem is you. I'm hoping that you found a solution for this problem..

Kind regards,

BJ.

Sep 21, 2009 11:47 AM in response to EZ Jim

Hi EZ Jim,

Thanks for that.

In that particular case I would start with an Utility like Cocktail or Macaroni that can Run the Cron Scripts and clear Caches.

It may also be linked to the amount of Free Space on the drive.

Apps like After Effects and Photoshop require you set Space for working. (I forget what the phrase is - if I put new info in my head something else falls out). (Scratch Drive comes to mind).
The is the temporary working space but the way it is allocated means it is permanently given over to it's use even if the content is emptied on Quit.
Setting the Scratch drive as being on a second drive cam help.

User uploaded file

7:47 PM Monday; September 21, 2009

Photo Booth - How to switch camera to external cinema display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.