Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty to modify photo's name

good day,
I want to change the name of my photo (something like P1000893) to "nnn - Title", in order to know what the photo is about.
So, I click into the name, and usually the text zone becomes editable and I can modify the name.

But frequently, the zone does not stay editable, and therefore the characters you are typing are interpreted by iPhoto as shortcuts, so that you do not get the expected effect ...

This is really borrying, especially when the event contains hundreds of pictures.

Does anybody know this issue and how to fix it?

Thank you

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo 4 Gb 667 SDRAM 1 Tb HD

Posted on Aug 8, 2009 9:30 AM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2009 10:21 AM in response to Looping

Often problems with renaming photos or events is associated with the Helvetica Neue font. Open the Font Book utility, locate the Helvetica Neue font, deactivate it and then reactivate it. See if that will jump start the renaming feature.

If needed, delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.

User uploaded file

Aug 8, 2009 11:08 AM in response to Old Toad

I noticed there is a possibility of interaction with MobileMe update. It's possible that modifying a title implies a MobileMe update of the album.
Meanwhile, the edition of the title deactivates.

If so, is there a possibility to parameter iPhoto so that no modification is done in real time, but only when I decided?

Thanks.

Difficulty to modify photo's name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.