Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 10.5.8 upgrade...

OK, I have a number of shares on my NAS that I have linked in my login items, and when I log into OSX I get these on my desktop. The "server" is "afp://NASNAME (AFP). afpovertcp.tcp.local/SHARENAME"

This has worked great for ages, and all that happened when I logged into OSX was that these shares got an icon on the desktop. However, since the "upgrade" to 10.5.8, these shares open up when I log in. This is so irritating; I do not want these shares to open up, just to have an icon on the desktop.

What's going on? What "feature" did Apple screw around with, and what can I do to get back to status quo?

TIA,

KB

MP (2.8GHz, 16GB) - MBP (15", 2.53GHz, 4GB) - MA (1.6GHz, 2GB), Mac OS X (10.5.8), Pro Pioneer (6x1TB) - TC (1TB)

Posted on Aug 9, 2009 12:37 AM

4 replies

Aug 12, 2009 10:01 AM in response to bomelkr

I have the same with my NAS. In the beginning of Leopard the same thing happened, with the connect to the server a Finder window of the disk would open. But in the last 4-5 version everything went as it was supposed to. And now I end up with all these open windows ;-(. Annoying.

Detail, I connect using a SMB server.

Would appreciate it very much if this is solved in the near future.

Message was edited by: ArjanM

After 10.5.8 upgrade...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.